POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Japanese povray links : Re: Some Japanese povray links Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Japanese povray links
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Jan 2000 11:32:32
Message: <3880A12D.A1FD29B7@inapg.inra.fr>
Sander wrote:

> What a pity if we should miss this because the Japanese POV-users don't post
> here! I suppose that you could now and again make us aware of what is going
> on in Japan (in this regard :).
> (I wonder how much more we don't see - or I don't get to see...)

Yes, it's a real pity, because the Pov scene seems quite lively in Japan, and
lively enough to support 2 consecutive Pov books. And our Japanese friends are
quite talented with Povray, art-wise and math-wise. They keep up with the latest
developements, have a lot of stuff translated and so on. From my discussions
with Tsutomu Higo, I understand that many Japanese povers think they do not
speak english fluently enough to participate in the english-speaking newsgroups.

I surely would like to hear from them more often, because the povray community
could benefit a lot more from their experience and talent than it does
presently. For instance, it took several years (and Ron Parker's Superpatch) for
Ryoichi Suzuki's isosurface patch to become popular.

G.